Depending on where you live and your individual circumstances it may be a while since you’ve been able to indulge yourself at your local spa. It’s likely something on your list of what you can’t wait to get back to as soon as possible. Members of St. Andrews Country Club in Boca Raton, Florida have been lucky to receive ongoing at-home spa treatment tips from their onsite spa run by Dawn MacLellan, director of the Spa & Salon. Dawn is a member of the Board of Directors for the International Spa Association and takes pride in helping to create new and innovate treatments for her clients. Now you can test out five of their treatments from the comfort of your own home:
1. At-Home Mini Facial
- Prep the Skin by cleansing with Pevonia Hydrating Cleanser (or your favorite cleanser).
- Exfoliate with the Pevonia Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser, Enzymo-Spherides Peeling Cream (or your favorite exfoliant).
- Apply the Ageless Skin Collagen Mask (or your favorite mask) to help revitalize and hydrate your skin.
- Finally, complete your mini at home facial with your favorite Pevonia eye cream, Collagen and Myoxy-Caviar Intensifier and Collagen Cream.
- Don’t forget your sunscreen!
2. Hair Refresh
- Apply Moroccan Dry Shampoo (or your favorite).
- Apply rollers or utilize hot styling tools.
- Remove rollers and allow hair to cool.
- Style and spray with Moroccan Strong Hold Hair Spray (or your favorite).
3. 5 Minute Self Massage to Relieve Stress
- A combination of strokes works well to relieve muscle tension. Try gentle chops with the edge of your hands or tapping with fingers or palms. Put fingertip pressure on muscle knots. Knead across muscles, and try long, light gliding strokes. You can apply these strokes to any part of the body that falls easily within your reach. For a short session like this try focusing on the tensest areas:
- Start by kneading the muscles at the back of your neck and shoulders. Make a loose fist and drum swiftly up and down the sides and back of your neck. Next, use your thumbs to work tiny circles around the base of your skull. Slowly massage the rest of your scalp with your fingertips. Then tap your fingers against your scalp, moving from the front to the back and then over the sides.
- Now massage your face. Make a series of tiny circles with your thumbs or fingertips. Pay particular attention to your temples, forehead and jaw muscles. Use your middle fingers to massage the bridge of your nose and work outward over your eyebrows to your temples.
- Finally, close your eyes. Cup your hands loosely over your face and inhale and exhale for a short while.
4. Breathing Exercise to De-Stress
- Sit comfortably with your back straight. Put one hand on your chest and the other on your stomach.
- Breathe in through your nose. The hand on your stomach should rise. The hand on your chest should move very little.
- Exhale through your mouth, pushing out as much as you can while contracting your abdominal muscles. The hand on your stomach should move in as you exhale, but your other hand should move very little.
- Continue to breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Try to inhale enough so that your lower abdomen rises and falls. Count slowly as you exhale.
- For added benefit add essential oil.
5. Spring Cleaning for Your Soul
Get balanced and rejuvenated by following these easy steps to decompress and cleanse your soul:
- Let go of things that bother you and are no longer positive in your life. Journaling may help this process.
- Now that there is room for positive thoughts, write down goals, affirmations and seeds of intention.
- Channel positive thoughts through meditation, yoga or walking. Be sure to breathe.
- Love yourself and do something that gives you peace such as a bubble bath, or relax and read.
- Cleanse your body with a detox.
- Get Grounded.
- Step outside barefoot.
- Set intentions. Pursue your passions and believe.
St. Andrews Country Club offers a vibrant, top-quality lifestyle and has done so for more than 30 years. Its distinctions include a “Distinguished Club of the World” and a “Top Ten Healthiest Clubs in America,” and its world-class amenities make life a permanent vacation. With superior amenities, including two 18-hole championship golf courses, one completely renovated. It is home to LPGA touring professional and resident Morgan Pressel. Aaron Krickstein, formerly ranked No. 6 in the world, oversees the tennis program and 14 clay courts. The Club offers a full service-spa & salon, fitness center, four restaurants, three pools, Kids Club, playground, air-conditioned game rooms and catering space for up to 350. Their location within Boca Raton puts them near some of the city’s highlights, ranging from Florida Atlantic University, the Wick Theatre, and some of Florida’s best beaches.
For more information about the enviable lifestyle at St. Andrews Country Club sign up here for a complimentary copy of our digital brochure, showcasing the premier lifestyle available at St. Andrews.