Members of St. Andrews Country Club have been missing the five-star dining experiences of the unique onsite restaurants. Take out options have been consistently available, but to help create unique dining experiences from their own homes, Executive Chef Steve Viggiano has shared his personal Chicken Scarpariello recipe. It is a family favorite and easy to adapt to your own tastes and preferences, as well as to what you have available at home. He encourages everyone to enjoy the process of cooking this dish and feel comfortable adding more or less of each ingredient as you wish. Buon appetito!
3 pound chicken, cut into parts
1-2 Poblano peppers, remove seeds and roughly chop
3-5 pieces cooked Italian sausage, sliced
4-6 small gold potatoes, sliced thin
6-8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, quartered
Vinegar peppers to your liking, roughly torn
3 tablespoons fried peppers, roughly chopped
6 fresh grape tomatoes, halved
1 small onion, sliced (not thin)
5 cloves garlic, whole
1 handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
1 small handful of fresh basil
1 fresh oregano pulled off the steam
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Take cut chicken parts and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Then sprinkle with flour on both sides as well.
- In large, shallow, oven-safe pan coat bottom with canola or vegetable oil and get it hot over medium heat.
- Once hot, add floured chicken pieces skin side down. Cook for a few minutes to achieve a nice golden color on the chicken.
- Then flip them taking care not to splatter or burn yourself. Once golden on both sides remove chicken and set aside.
- Remove some of the excess oil from the pan.
- Add sausage and vegetables to pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Add herbs.
- Add 2-5 tablespoons of leftover vinegar from the vinegar peppers.
- Add white wine (optional).
- Add juice of half a lemon.
- Add 1/3 cup chicken stock.
- Place chicken over the top.
- Put in oven and cook approximately 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Should read 160 degrees internally.
- Serve chicken over vegetables with additional sauce poured on top.
- Can garnish with additional fresh herbs.
To get the full experience of learning with Chef, and to hear his personal tips and tricks, you can view the entire video here.
St. Andrews Country Club offers a vibrant, top-quality lifestyle and has done so for more than 30 years. Its distinctions include a “Distinguished Club of the World” and a “Top Ten Healthiest Clubs in America,” and its world-class amenities make life a permanent vacation. With superior amenities, including two 18-hole championship golf courses, one completely renovated. It is home to LPGA touring professional and resident Morgan Pressel. Aaron Krickstein, formerly ranked No. 6 in the world, oversees the tennis program and 14 clay courts. The Club offers a full service-spa & salon, fitness center, four restaurants, three pools, Kids Club, playground, air-conditioned game rooms and catering space for up to 350. Their location within Boca Raton puts them near some of the city’s highlights, ranging from Florida Atlantic University, the Wick Theatre, and some of Florida’s best beaches.
For more information about the enviable lifestyle at St. Andrews Country Club sign up here for a complimentary copy of our digital brochure, showcasing the premier lifestyle available at St. Andrews.